Monday, July 2, 2012

When both wives are sick

Boy oh boy have we had an interesting week here a couple of weeks ago.  On Monday Randy came down with a bug of some sort.  First time he's thrown up in 18 years.  By Tuesday night I had it.  Annie being the loving awesome wife that she is stayed up with me every time I got up to throw up.  She was there with more puke bags (I don't do cans or toilets) and fresh water and wash cloths.  Finally around 5am I knew I need to seek help.  I was throwing up so hard I couldn't catch my breath.  Randy got up to take me.  Poor Annie had been up all night with me, really needed sleep and I was pushing the bounds of her vomit meter.  That's certainly a benefit of more than one partner, lol.  I ended up being admitted into the hospital because I was so dehydrated my heart rate was in the 130s and the ER doctor didn't feel comfortable releasing me.  Then as we are somewhat getting me settled into a room Annie starts to get sick.

I felt so bad for her, I wasn't there, Randy wasn't there.  We were relying on our son to help her and he did of course.  That night once I got settled Randy went home and took care of Annie for a little while, then he showered and brought me back some things that I needed and stayed with me for a bit.  Then he went back to take care of Annie.  Luckily the hospital is pretty close to the house.

I admire him for being so thoughtful to both of us.  What do you do when both wives are sick and one is in the hospital?  Well, you do the best you can.  His selflessness reminds me every day why I love him so much.  Her selflessness in telling Randy to care for me is just one of the reasons I love her so much.

The bug went through everyone in the house with our son being the last to get it.  Hopefully that won't happen again any time soon.  It took five bags of IV fluids to make it so things were normal enough to be released.  Dehydration is definitely a problem I have.

Fast forward a couple of weeks we are all feeling better now, life is good, and I'm a grateful girl.


7 comments:

  1. Oh yikes...how awful, the sickness bug is the worst! I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was pretty bad. We are all thankful it has left our house! I get the flu shot every year because of my dehydration issues, but sadly it didn't help this year.

      Delete
  2. How do you explain your marriage to your child/children?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous,

    We have one son who was a teenager/young adult when our triad started. He understands, says for himself one wife is enough (and then laughs about it) but loves me as much as his natural birth parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog. Where did you go, woman? =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. One love Jenne. Ive been off the net for some time and Im trying to.catch.up.with my blogs and you havent written in months. Where did you go.woman? I hope and pray that all.is well. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous,

    Thank you for the inquiry. I've had some health issues that I needed to deal with, but I'm working on my next blog right now and I'm excited to be back in 2013!

    ReplyDelete