Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm not normal...and that's okay.

I'm not normal.  I am not sure I have ever been normal.  What even defines normal?

I do know this, my relationship is not normal.  I've become more confident lately in my relationship.  I will without hesitation say, "My wife and our husband" to someone.  It is interesting to see some people's response.  I *love* it when there isn't a response.  You see, as non normal as we may seem, we are actually pretty normal.

We have jobs and hobbies, we cook and clean, we go grocery shopping and to doctor's appointments.  We love each other, we have a bond with each other far beyond a sexual bond.  We have issues like everyone else and work on those too.

This is the polyamorous voice I want to give.  I am happy and respect the Brown's and the Darger's.  However it is not my faith that lead me to my plural marriage.  It is love.

3 comments:

  1. I had to LOL at the "my wife and our husband". I too have been given that deer in the headlights with his mouth open look when people learn of my poly intentions. I also *love* it when there isn't a response.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read it all from beginning to this last entry.
    I get it!
    I'm in the beginning stages of a polyamorous relationship, I'm second (I strongly feel at this stage).
    I get it all! Your insecurities, fears: I feel. The love you feel: I know myself.
    I hope to have the strength you have shown throughout this journey of true love! And pray that I get to where you are now within your own.
    Thank you! Not alone <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just Sakinah - I admit, it is really nice when there is no response. We were at a home show this weekend, so lots of "my husband and wife" and it was really nice that for the most part, we got no reaction.

    Anonymous - Thank you. Thank you for responding. I blog for the purpose of talking about some of the things that are a little difficult to find when searching about poly relationships. It is nice to know that the blog is not only being read, but also understood. :-)

    Best of luck to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete