Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Family.

I'm not the typical TV watcher who will watch a show while it is live.  I completely dislike commercials.  I love Netflix and even though they have made some changes I'm not 100% thrilled with, I still like them.  Anywho, recently it recommend the TV Show Parenthood to me.  There are a few actors and actresses that I like so I decided to check it out.  I sorta instantly dug it and within two weeks I watched the first two seasons.  Luckily it is not cancelled, at least not yet.  (I tend to love shows that get cancelled leaving horrible endings like Jeremiah and Jericho)

The family (in Parenthood that is) is pretty close even when times are tough.  One of the things I love is how they come together around music.  There is a part of me that wishes my family was like that.  Tonight we were (are, still at the moment, (I'm the DJ)) jamming out to music and I had this feeling that "Hey, my family is like that."

I think family is what you make it.  I can spend my time feeling like I'm left out or less than or second, or I can spend my time realizing that this is my family.  Whether I have been here physically for the last twenty years really doesn't matter.   I'm loved by N., Anne's and R's son, I'm dearly loved by Anne and R., and I'm slowly but surely finding my way here.

Earlier tonight we had some friends over.  When they were departing "he" asked "her" to go to the car for a second because he had a question to ask us.  "He" wanted to know our opinion of "her" and wanted to know a Christmas suggestion.  I think we were all touched.  First off, we totally adore "her".  They are a great fit.  It was also touching to recognize that our opinion mattered.  I wish the two of them nothing but the best.  

Life isn't always perfect, but right now, it is pretty damn good and I'm okay with that!   :-)

2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile. I too connect through music. I'm often heard softly singing everywhere and anywhere. While my hubby and my tastes differ most of the time, it's nice when we find common likes and belt out the lyrics together. :)

    Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think music is one of those universal things. Have you ever heard of Playing for Change? They have a bunch of videos on YouTube, but it's basically a bunch of musicians from all over the world playing. Here's a little sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJtq6OmD-_Y

    ReplyDelete